[darcs-users] hmmm boy darcs revert is fun

Thomas Zander TZander at factotummedia.nl
Wed Jan 5 10:09:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:10:10PM -0800, Sean Perry wrote:
> cd foo/
> darcs add .
> darcs add foo.c
> <hmm, wait, I want to record these separately>
> darcs revert
> <hey, where'd my file go? bugger all>
>
> Sure, it asks me if I really want to do this, but I was not expecting it
> to remove my file, just remove the 'add' of it from the queue.

It _also_ asked you to undo the add of the contents of the file.  You should
have said no if you did not want that.

ps. darcs unrevert might help here.

ps2. darcs record asks for each patch, so seperately recording does not
_need_ a revert.

I believe that revert means (and should mean) "to get back to the repo
as it was last committed", and not what you seem to believe
"undo darcs user-actions"

--
Thomas Zander