[darcs-users] should 'darcs push' push tags too?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Jan 11 22:03:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

I tried to 'push' a tag today, and I realized darcs doesn't do that
right now. I'm curious why.

Here's my use case:

In my 'production' repo, I've created some tags.

In the event of the need to revert production to a previous tag,
it would be nice to have that tag in another repo.

I suppose my alternative now is to "cp -r" the production directory,
and then unpull patches like that.

D'oh, I see an easy solution now:

darcs get --tag='previous tag' /home/production production_new_copy

That why I can copy my repo and revert to the previous tag in one step.
Nice.

    Mark