[darcs-users] How to 'move a tag'.

Thomas Zander TZander at factotummedia.nl
Wed Jan 12 20:52:35 UTC 2005

In CVS I have this use case;

At some point in time we declare the tree as a release.  At this point
we tag; create tarballs and package them.  After this the CVS is open again
for new features.
Sometimes a bug crops up between the time the tarballs are made and the
release is shipped (which, with debuggers and all can take upto a month),
meaning we don't create a new version but fix the bug in CVS, and
then move the tag of that file to the fixed cvs-version. (cvs tag -F XYZ)

I'm curious if others recognice this behavior and how you do this using
darcs?  I tried duplicating this but failed.  A new patch can not be placed
_before_ an existing tag and removing an existing tag to recreate later is
also not possible in darcs (unpulling not being an option here).

How do you handle this?
--
Thomas Zander