[darcs-users] --partial should not be required to download an already partial repository

Alexey N. Solofnenko A.Solofnenko at mdl.com
Wed Jan 19 21:32:12 UTC 2005

Hello,

  Maybe I am doing something wrong - I have imported a big still active
repository (about 9K changesets), tagged the last version and created a
partial replica, so people will not try to download the whole repository
by mistake. Now, to get files from new replica, everybody should type
"--partial" option. It does not make sense - partial repository
retrieval and full retrieval of partial repository are different things.
In this particular case I do want to download everything from that
partial repository.

  It looks like this is normal way of working with too big repositories.
Am I right?

- Alexey.