[darcs-users] UserAgent with HTTP repos?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Jan 20 13:11:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 03:57:06PM +0100, Ketil Malde wrote:
> Ketil Malde <ketil at ii.uib.no> writes:
>
> > [...] User-Agent should be something like:
> >   "darcs/1.0.1 libcurl/x.y.z"
>
> BTW, I modified my (naive) patch to output exactly this.  Darcs'
> version is still not set automagically via autoconf, but if somebody
> gives me a hint how, I can see if I can do that as well.

You could perhaps make darcs use autoheader to generate a
config.h.in... which configure would convert to config.h, and then you
could include in the C file.  This could involve copying code from some
"normal" C or C++ program that uses automake.  It may be as simple as a
rule like

config.h.in: configure.ac
             autoheader
configure: configure.ac config.h.in

but I think you'd also need to add something to configure.ac telling it to
generate config.h.
http://www.darcs.net