[darcs-users] Re: Omitting _darcs/current, Was: Re: Re: hardlink by default?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Jan 20 13:48:01 UTC 2005

Somehow I had a lost email here... so if you get this twice... oh well.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 05:59:36PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2005-01-18, Joeri van Ruth <jvr at dory.blub.net> wrote:
> >
> >>From a user interface point of view, something like a --no-working-copy
> > flag would probably be sufficient.
>
> 'working' usually applies a copy that you are changing directly yourself.
> I think it makes more sense to call this copy 'current' in the flag
> name, to minimize confusion. Perhaps "--no-current" or "--no-current-dir".

I think I'd prefer --no-cache.  "current" doesn't really describe what the
directory does.  Adding such a flag would be pretty easy, and I'd accept
such a patch in a jiffy.  So if someone wants to implement it, that'd be
great (and ideally also include a test to make sure it actually works
right).  Or someone could file a wishlist bug, and I (or another developer)
could flag it as a "confirmed" wishlist bug.
http://www.darcs.net