[darcs-users] How to pull all my patches from one repository intoanother?

Michael Conrad conradme at email.uc.edu
Fri Jan 21 04:34:28 UTC 2005

On Thursday, January 20, 2005 10:02 PM, Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
> At first I created one base repository, then created a branch with my
> changes. Now I created a better base repository and I want create
> another branch from that repository with my changes. How can I pull all
> my changes from one repository into another?

Well, as stated somewhere else (I don't remember where), darcs is designed
to manage branches of development "which share a common history".

If by "better base repository" you mean that you re-created your base repo,
then the patches that are in your branch are now incompatible.  (well,
actually, you could try pulling them, but you will likely run into so many
conflicts that it won't ever finish)

But, don't forget that you can create a new branch (of the new base repo)
and then "rm -r" all of the files in it and then "cp -r" all of your old
branch files into the new branch.  Then you can just "darcs record -la"
(unless there are files that you copied that you don't want to record, in
which case you have to add them by hand and then "darcs record -a")

-Mike