[darcs-users] Re: cache-name-proposal (was surely_slurp_Current)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Jan 23 22:27:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 03:44:03PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2005-01-23, Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org> wrote:
> > But I don't see any problem with 'current' myself...
>
> I also vote for including 'current' in the name. 'Current' is a concept
> that darcs users soon learn about anyway. I think including in the name
> will make it very clear what it is.
>
> If 'current' is not clear enough, perhaps it shouldn't be used elsewhere
> in darcs either.

That's sort of what I was thinking.  At least in the documentation and
interface, we could easily change it.  We could also consider changing it
in the _darcs directory, at least for current.none, the new format.  Since
_darcs/current/ is only used locally, it might not even be too bad to
change its name to _darcs/pristine, with appropriate code to try
_darcs/current if _darcs/pristine doesn't exist (or the other way around).

Eventually, we could even modify the code to use the new terminology... but
only if there's an agreement that a change in terminology would be an
improvement.

It seems at the moment that pristine is getting the most votes, with
current only slightly behind.
http://www.darcs.net