[darcs-users] "The system cannot find the file specified" (darcs 1.0.1 on Windows)

Joachim Worringen joachim at ccrl-nece.de
Tue Jan 25 09:10:03 UTC 2005

When trying to push a patch from my Windows XP pro SP2 notebook to my
Unix $HOME which is SMB-mounted as drive N:, darcs 1.0.1 gives me the
error message "The system cannot find the file specified". I think the
same configuation *did* work some days ago, but can not definitely say
this (maybe it was only a pull).

Martin Fisher reported a similar problem a month ago (which was not
really resolved then), but this time I do not use any ssh-type
connection, but plain file system access. Note that of course the drive
N: is properly mounted, 'dir' lists all files in N:, and a 'pull' works
fine.

I already tried to unrecord, record a slightly different patch and push
again, but the error remains. It would be most helpful to know *which*
file is not found... -v doesn't show anything of interest. Is there any
sort of debug mode?

  Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen - NEC C&C research lab St.Augustin
fon +49-2241-9252.20 - fax .99 - http://www.ccrl-nece.de