<C> Re: <C> Re: <C> Re: [darcs-users] WinXP filenames with spaces

Andrew Lawson adl at absentis.com
Thu Jan 27 11:48:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 06:36:55AM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 08:42:39AM +0000, Andrew Lawson wrote:
> > > I can confirm that this seems to solve the problem thought now that
> > > darcs is pushing the patch it's been hanging for nearly 10 minutes ...
> > > but that's another issue :)
> >
> > In fact i can now confirm that I've getting an error at this point, if
> > left alone nothing happens, if I press return on the console I get the
> > error;
> >
> > Fail: <stdin>: hSetBuffering: failed (Bad file descriptor)
> >
> > This is yesterdays (26) daily build on WinXP pushing a 1 line patch to a
> > Linux machine.
>
> When exactly is it that darcs freezes, and is there any output prior to the
> freeze? Can you tell if ssh is getting called?

I wasn't hugely clear was I :) Basically, following on from the previous
problem with spaces in file names, as soon as I hit 'y' to push a patch,
where I used to get the filename error, now the cursor moves to the next
line and ... nothing. I can leave it there for several minutes at least
with no movement or, after a few seconds (> 7 at a quick estimate) have
passed, a tap on the return button will produce the 'Fail' above.
There's no other output.

            Andrew

--

Andrew Lawson