[darcs-users] [1.0.1] darcs dist and tar

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jan 28 18:49:29 UTC 2005

> It just shows what a wart `darcs dist' is, needing a `predist' hook to
> squeeze required processing in between the two tasks that should be
> separate:  tar and obtaining a list of files under darcs control.

I would tend to agree that we need a command that does just the first
half of darcs dist, and lets you do the tarring yourself.  This would
allow users to choose whether they want to have darcs do the tarring,
or whether they prefer to do it themselves.

Hmm...  Darcs export?  Or do you have any better suggestions?

                                        Juliusz