[darcs-users] Still trying to debug FTP...

Dave Roberts ldave at droberts.com
Sun Jan 30 02:04:15 UTC 2005

Okay, so earlier today I got get/pulls working just fine. Now, I'm
having trouble getting push working. I have a repository on my Windows
machine with an update. I would like to push that back to the repository
from which I originally did a get. I tried a simple "darcs push" and
that resulted in a message telling me that I needed to set
DARCS_APPLY_FTP. I went and found the Win32 version of curl and
installed that. I can do downloads/uploads from the server that I want
to connect to, but I still can't seem to make darcs do what I want.
Darcs has gotten past the "must set DARCS_APPLY_FTP" message but still
fails the transfer. Specifically, everything appears to be working fine
at first. It asks me if I want to push the patch I created. I reply yes,
then it (or curl?) prints out a couple lines of text showing FTP
transfer stats. I'm assuming this is curl. Then curl reports:

curl: (25) Failed FTP upload: Could not create file.

I have no idea why as I can move files around by hand. Is there any way
to see what command line, exactly, darcs is supplying to curl (some sort
of --debug option or something)?

Currently, I have DARCS_APPLY_FTP set to "curl -T -"

Thanks,

--
Dave Roberts <ldave at droberts.com>