[darcs-users] Does darcs support FTP?

Dave Roberts ldave at droberts.com
Mon Jan 31 05:46:20 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 14:58 +1100, Nigel Rowe wrote:

> Ya'know, it might be easier to setup a samba server on the linux box, then the
> windoze boxes can mount the samba service and treat the repository as a local
> directory.

Yup, thought of that. But at this point, I'm going to get this working,
come hell or high water, over ssh. It's rumored to work... ;-)

Actually, I got pull working with putty (or at least pscp and psftp,
which are the putty equivalents).

For some reason, push doesn't work. It gets part of the way there, at
least asking me which patches to push, then putty gets called and bails
out with some message about not liking the port (or something like that;
not near the machine right now).

Once again, there doesn't seem to be a way to get darcs to tell me what
command line it's invoking. A debug command line switch for externally
called programs would be *really* nice. I just have no idea how its
trying to invoke the external ssh program (which I specified with
DARCS_SSH). I even tried reading through the source, but my Haskell
literacy is, well, limited. ;-)

--
Dave Roberts <ldave at droberts.com>