[darcs-users] Re: Does darcs support FTP?

Dave Roberts ldave at droberts.com
Mon Jan 31 16:18:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 08:40 +0000, Aaron Denney wrote:
> You'll almost certainly want to use "plink" not "putty" for DARCS_SSH.

Yes, indeed. Plink is what I wanted, not Putty itself.

Now I'm getting a "Access denied" error three times, followed by a
"FATAL ERROR: Server sent disconnect message type 2
( SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR): 'Too many authenitication failures for
dave". This is then followed by four prompts for my password.

Is there some thing strange going on here with output buffering or
something? Is darcs the one prompting me for my password, or is that
plink?

Interestingly, pscp seems to prompt me just fine when it downloads the
remote patch information to determine what it needs to push. Then it
asks me about the patch I have created on the Windows box. I say Yes, I
want to push that patch, then it comes back with all the "Access denied"
stuff and errors-out.

Grumble. I hate Windows.

--
Dave Roberts <ldave at droberts.com>