[darcs-users] EclipseDarcs 0.1.0 released

Leif Frenzel himself at leiffrenzel.de
Tue Jul 5 10:15:06 UTC 2005

Hi Nimrod,

> Will you consider having a version for Eclipse 3.0.x?
No, it was not planned to support Eclipse 3.0.x. Did you try the plugin
on top of 3.0, though? It may well be that it works (there is not that
lot incompatibility between these Eclipse versions, and I'm not sure
whether we use any of the new features or APIs).

> I use Eclipse 3.0.x and currently see no compelling reason to upgrade
> to 3.1.x. It's a hefty download and I am on dialup. 3.1.x seems to be
> only fixing bugs as well as adding features that I neither need nor
> use. And besides, the PHPEclipse plugin is only for 3.0.x at the
> moment.
That's an argument, but these things will probably change with time. For
  us, it is a question of resources. If we have a lot of extra work to
support the older Eclipse versions, we can't do it. If it's just one or
two small fixes - no problem.

> Anyway, if you can please provide some screenshots where I can see the
> plugin in action, maybe I might be compelled to download Eclipse 3.1.x
> :) as having darcs integration with Eclipse would really be great
> right now.
There are some screenshots in Radek's tutorial at

http://eclipsedarcs.org/doku.php?id=basic_tutorial

which may give a first impression. The plugin currently supports adding
and removing for workspace files and a (very crude) record support.
Pulling and pushing from/to other repos will be added next, and then
we'll look into recording.

Ciao,
Leif