[darcs-users] Patches dependency discovery

Jamie Webb j at jmawebb.cjb.net
Fri Jul 8 10:49:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:40:05AM +0200, Rados?aw Grzanka wrote:
> Hello,
>   I was wondering is there any way to discover patches dependency
> through pull action (with --dry-run switch preferably).

I posted a way to do it in:

http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2005-June/007705.html

>   What I am trying to do is described here:
> http://eclipsedarcs.org/doku.php?id=record_pulling_pushing_proposal .

It would be nice. One problem with your interface though: dependencies
are a DAG, not a tree. Patches can have multiple 'parents'.

>   The soultion (if one exists) shouldn't be much time consuming (in
> terms of darcs).

This is the catch. It might be best to design the interface such that
you can avoid having to calculate the entire graph in one go. When
cherrypicking, users are typically only going to be interested in
certain subgraphs.

-- Jamie Webb