[darcs-users] Re: [darcs #368] Proposal: unique repository ID

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Tue Jul 19 01:36:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-18-07 at 09:39 -0400, David Roundy wrote:

> Yeah, I think that hashes of the patch ID can serve as sufficiently useful
> unique patch IDs.  The patch ID (author+date+name+log) is already required
> to be unique--although darcs doesn't do anything special to enforce this,
> darcs fails if it's not true, so we've already got a unique patch
> identifier.

Could the email generated by `darcs --send` use those hashes, say one
line per patch, instead of the masses and masses of text from  the
record comments for every patch in the dependency tree that tag along
right now?

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Technology strategy, managing change, establishing procedures,
and executing successful upgrades to mission critical business
infrastructure.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London