[darcs-users] darts get/pull via ssh on windows

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Jul 21 11:26:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 07:09:51AM -0300, zooko at zooko.com wrote:
> > Folks, use Unix if you can.  Use Windows if you must.  But do yourself
> > a favour -- don't install Cygwin.
> >
> > (And if you do, don't send us ``bug reports''.)
>
> Is this really an acceptable policy for darcs?  "Cygwin users not
> welcome?"

It's definitely not an official policy, and I think more hostile than is
needed.  On the other hand, I don't have either Windows or Cygwin, so I'm
not going to be helpful for either such user.

> I personally have contributed some of my time to make darcs easier to
> install and use on Cygwin (and, at the same time, on non-cygwin win32).
> I have not hacked on darcs internals, but have done things like updated
> the Wiki pages and fixed up the darcs cygwin wrapper script.

I definitely appreciate that.  It would be nice if darcs could detect this
sort of situation and give a more friendly error message.  Again, this is
something I'm not going to be coding.
http://www.darcs.net