[darcs-users] Re: Supporting centralized development

dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Fri Jul 22 23:00:36 UTC 2005

Remko Troncon <remko at psi-im.org> writes:

>> I'm trying to introduce my coworkers to darcs.
>
> Hooks are a frequently asked feature i believe.

Definitely.  I hang out in #darcs on freenode and so I know a little
bit of the history/complications.  I'd really like to see someone move
forward on implementing them, even if they are a bit hacky.  Perhaps I
can try to do it.  Although, I don't have much time and limited access
to a good machine to hack darcs on.

> Not sure whether this is of any help to you, but i wrote a little
> something down on performing some kind of logging on a central repo:
>      http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/HintsAndTips#head-ca5f360a0038ec704eed560a82a23a742f0b547e
> It is far from clean, but it does the trick for us.

Logging could be useful, but if I used this trick and changed it to
send email, then any code checked into any repository using that
script cause an email to go flying around right?  My reason for asking
is that I use darcs for several of my own projects and I'd hate for
the people working on this small project to get extra emails because
I'm working away on something unrelated to them.

Thanks,
Jason