[darcs-users] darcsweb - A gitweb-alike web interface for darcs

Alberto Bertogli albertogli at telpin.com.ar
Thu Jul 28 04:40:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 07:41:39PM +0200, VMiklos wrote:
> Alberto Bertogli wrote:
> >Anyway, check out the current repo, I've implemented a "filehistory" view
> >where you can see in the same format as the shortlog all the changes that
> >affect a given file or directory. I'm sorry I don't have any demo site so
> >you can play with it.
>
> yes, that was the feature i missed :)
>
> http://darcs.frugalware.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi
>
> here is a 'demo' site. the only change is that the default stile.css was
> sightly modified

Great =)
I've set up a small website for darcsweb at
http://users.auriga.wearlab.de/~alb/darcsweb/ and I'm thinking about
adding a list of links to darcsweb sites; I know there aren't many, but at
least a couple so people can check it out without installing it. Can I
link that site?

> two additional ideas:
>
> 1) (maybe you already mentioned) the ability to display not only the
> diffs of older version, but the full content of a file

I thought of that, and I think it'd be nice, but honestly I don't know how
to do that inside darcs (without making _ugly_ stuff with patches by
hand). Is it even possible? Maybe with some option to annotate?

> 2) it would be nice to be able to display the darcs patch itself.
> something like the zcat of _darcs/patches/foo.gz
> a) it's more readable than the diff
> b) it's faster to display (you don't have to call darcs for that)

Well, the first item is completely debatable (I like diff output _so_ much
more =) but I could make this configurable.

Do you want a "raw" version of the patch, or an htmlized one?

Does anyone else have any preference on this?

Thanks,
		Alberto