[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.4pre2 released

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sun Jul 31 18:28:36 UTC 2005

Hello darcs users,

I've just issued the second prerelease for darcs version 1.0.4.  You can
see the ChangeLog for details, but a few minor features were added since
the first prerelease, some build fixes were made, and a few bugs were
fixed.

A major new experimental feature is Git support (disabled by default).
Darcs now can be linked with Git 0.99, and can read and write to git
repositories.  There are still issues with this code, however... which is
why it's called "experimental."

I hope soon to stop issuing prereleases and start issuing release
candidates, which means I'll stop pulling new features into the stable
branch of darcs.  This also means that this would be an excellent time for
packagers to make sure that darcs builds fine on their platforms.

This would also be a good time to remind me (and the other darcs
developers) about any bugs that you particularly want fixed.  I know I
still have quite a few bug reports to look over, and help in prioritizing
would be great.  Or if you're a developer, this would be a great time to
help by fixing some bugs... or even just going through bug reports and
seeing if you can reproduce the bugs.  And more wonderful yet would be
patches that add tests corresponding to bug reports.
http://www.darcs.net