[darcs-users] Re: how to redistribute darcs+Eclipse (was: Darcs API?)

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jun 3 20:31:23 UTC 2005

On Friday 3 June 2005 22:01, zooko at zooko.com wrote:
> That is not the choice we have to make.  Adding the
> special-exception-for-CPL clause to the darcs license would not in any
> way preclude darcs from using GPL'ed code.

Huh?
Ofcource you have to make a choice; every piece of software flowing into
darcs has to be licenced as this specific license.  Effectively you create
a new license under which all new code has to be licensed or it can't be
added.
Your suggestion will make darcs completely isolated where each and every
line of code has to be written explicitly for darcs, or relicensed by the
author to this funky licnese.

Which part of gpl-compatible don't you understand?

ps; Zooko; please stop sending messages to this list with an explicit
reply-to.  This is getting really annoying.  I don't want to ask David to
alter the mailing list config to remove those headers.
--
Thomas Zander