[darcs-users] set-scripts-executable in _darcs/prefs/defaults

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jun 7 17:32:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:30:19AM +0200, Remko Troncon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I put the following line in my _darcs/prefs/defaults file:
> 	get set-scripts-executable
> expecting that people who get my repository would have all their scripts
> executable, but alas, this is not what happens :-( Is this expected ?

The settings in defaults are meant to be personal, so users
can choose their preferred default behavior for darcs commands.

The _darcs/prefs/defaults file sets defaults for only that
instance of a repo.  Two different branches of a repo have
different _darcs/prefs/defaults.  This way you can disable
some commands in one particular copy of the repo.

The --set-scripts-executable flag is a hack (or clever
simplifications) to handle the executable property of files
in the repo.  Yes, it _is_ a bit odd it gets handled as a
personal setting and not a repo setting.

So, to get what you want you'll have to ask everyone to put
this flag in their default file.