[darcs-users] Re: how to redistribute darcs+Eclipse (was: Darcs API?)

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho antti-juhani at kaijanaho.info
Tue Jun 7 18:55:58 UTC 2005

On 20050607T194120+0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > There's always the option of GPG signing an e-mail to verify it's from
> > you (preferably with a key that's signed by others).
>
> Unfortunately no legal entity will accept that verification.

Courts of law are, at least where I come from, free to evaluate evidence
as they see fit.  If sufficient evidence is given that GPG signatures in
general are reliable and that in particular, this private key has not
been compromised, I don't see why a court would refuse to accept the
signature as evidence.

Of course, it will be a challenge to prove that the private key is not
compromised.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho                  http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.info/

		Blogi - http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/blog/