[darcs-users] Re: how to redistribute darcs+Eclipse

Jamie Webb j at jmawebb.cjb.net
Wed Jun 8 12:36:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:06:35PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Using the GPL this is all not really relevant; as soon as I _use_ the GPL-ed
> application I agree to it (says so in the license)

No it doesn't. The GPL limits only what you can distribute. Eben
Moglen even claims that the corporate EULAs which do try to restrict
the use of software may not be enforceable.

I agree with the rest of what you said though. A patch is considered a
derived work, and the GPL states that by distributing a derived work,
you implicitly GPL that work (since it would be illegal to distribute
it otherwise).

-- Jamie Webb