[darcs-users] Re: Where Arch is going

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho antti-juhani at kaijanaho.info
Thu Jun 9 08:44:34 UTC 2005

On 20050607T193722+0000, John Goerzen wrote:
> On the other hand, as we've already established, all of this stuff
> breaks if others are pulling your repo...

So don't do that.

I personally have one or two private darcs repos per project (the number
depends on if I work on it solely at home, solely at work or at both
work and home), and nobody else has access to those.  I pull freely
between them, and I often record a partial implementation of something
just to communicate the state to the other repo; I also unpull, unrecord
and amend-record freely in them, to create clean "a single patch is for
a single feature / bugfix" situation.  Because I control both repos and
nobody else has access to them, I get away with amend-record etc (I just
need to be careful about unpulling a patch in the one repo that I've
amend-recorded in the other, for example).

When I'm ready to publish something I've been working on, I synchronize
the private repos, recheck that things are all right, and then push the
relevant patches to a public repo.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho                  http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.info/

		Blogi - http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/blog/