[darcs-users] GNU Emacs frontend: which one ?

Joe Edmonds joe at elem.com
Fri Jun 10 18:03:00 UTC 2005

Ketil Malde wrote:

> I would really like to have good darcs integration in Emacs.  In
> particular, I'd like to have an ediff view of patches (both when
> browsing a repository, and when recording, pulling etc)

I like Juliusz' version of vc-darcs (a back end for the more-generic
"vc" package).  It supports "C-x v =" to ediff the current buffer with
its _darcs/current/ version.  You can get it here:

http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/repos/vc-darcs/

You might find more useful information here:

http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/CategoryEmacs

An ediff of an entire patch is an interesting idea.  I envision: open a
darcs patch in emacs, press "n" to advance through the hunks of the
patch (not sure what to do about non-hunk patches).  If the current hunk
is in a different file from the previous hunk, create new buffers to
display the ediff for that file.