[darcs-users] Re: GNU Emacs frontend: which one ?

Xavier Maillard zedek at gnu-rox.org
Sat Jun 11 06:36:18 UTC 2005

On 10 Jun 2005, Joe Edmonds wrote:

> Ketil Malde wrote:
>
> > I would really like to have good darcs integration in Emacs.
> > In particular, I'd like to have an ediff view of patches
> > (both when browsing a repository, and when recording, pulling
> > etc)
>
> I like Juliusz' version of vc-darcs (a back end for the
> more-generic "vc" package). It supports "C-x v =" to ediff the
> current buffer with its _darcs/current/ version. You can get it
> here:
>
> http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/repos/vc-darcs/

The problem is certainly that vc is files oriented whereas darcs
is patch(set) oriented. Thus, vc is not the tool I would
recommend even if I love vc modes.

I am using darcsum for 2 days now and even with his current
limitations, darcsum suits best with darcs that the other modes I
tested.

Hope that's help.
--
GNUSFR.ORG                       http://gnusfr.org/