[darcs-users] darcs hang: infinite recursion?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:28:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:30:30AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 01:06:17PM +0000, Felix Breuer wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have stumbled on a problem using darcs that I can neither resolve nor
> > produce a clear bug report for. Can anybody help?
>
> The only solution is to lose some of the history, and rerecord some of the
> patches.  This can be a royal pain if there are many interleaved and
> interdependent patches involved.  If possible, unrecording the changes in b
> that add the new files to www/ and then move them to doc/ would be the
> simplest workaround.

You could also unpull the "Remove www directory from repository" patch
from a, but you would also have to unpull some tags.

With darcs it seems to be a good practise to move unneccesary files to
some Trash directory instead of removing them completely, especially if
it's likely that other developers / branches may still touch those
files.

Best regards
Tomasz