[darcs-users] How to display long comments

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jun 14 18:19:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:17:31PM +0200, @dinhweb.de wrote:
> Sadly no. I also tried verbose but  no luck.

The long comment is always (as far as I know) shown together
with the patch name.  The main differences is that it can
span multiple lines and it is not searchable with the --patch
option and other patch selection options.

If you can't see it it was probably not added.  This can happen
if the editor you use to enter the long comment exit with a
success return code but without modifying the temporary file it
was given.  Try adding a long comment with another editor, like

  DARCS_EDITOR=other_editor darcs record --edit-long-comment