[darcs-users] Output from "darcs annotate"

Kannan Goundan cakoose at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 19:39:50 UTC 2005

"darcs annotate" behaves differently based on whether the last patch
affected the file under inspection (see bottom of message for
example).  While this might be useful, there are times when I'd
prefer more consistent output (of the form "PatchInfo, Line,
PatchInfo, Line, ...").  Is there a way to get that every time?

I'm asking because I'm writing a tool to process the "darcs annotate"
output and reformat it.  It would be easier if the formatting was
more regular.

On a related note, when the last patch *does* affect the file under
inspection, the "--human-readable" output doesn't list the info for
that last patch, while the "--xml-output" does.

--

To observe what is going on:

1. darcs init
2. echo "The first line." > Test.txt
3. darcs add Test.txt && darcs record -a

4. darcs annotate Test.txt

# File Test.txt created by [Initial.
# Fred Bloggs <fred at bloggs.invalid>**20050614192516]  as ./Test.txt
+The first line.

6. touch Useless.txt
7. darcs add Useless.txt && darcs record -a

8. darcs annotate Test.txt

# File Test.txt created by [Initial.
# Fred Bloggs <fred at bloggs.invalid>**20050614192516]  as ./Test.txt
# Following line added by [Initial.