[darcs-users] Conflict in new files

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Jun 17 12:16:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:06:16PM +0800, Starfish wrote:
> I have problem conflict in new files.  A project have two branches, a
> file created in each repository with a same name.  When using "darcs
> pull" without external merger, one version of the new file will lost.  I
> cannot find which version will lost.  Sometimes the local file are
> overwritten, but sometimes the remote file cannot be pulled.  No matter
> which situration, I cannot get both version, so resolving conflict become
> impossible. When external merger is used, the file is simple deleted!
>
> I think it should be a bug.  If it does not, I want to ask how to solve
> the problem.

This is an issue with the darcs conflict resolution, which hopefully will
at least be alleviated when the new conflict handling code is complete.
You can solve the problem by simply copying the file from one repository to
another... assuming the two versions are intended to be separate files.  If
they're meant to be the same file, you can copy and paste from one
repository to the other.  If you do this in a repository that has both
patches pulled, the conflict will be "resolved" as far as darcs is
concerned.
http://www.darcs.net