[darcs-users] darcs and the current working directory

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 10:40:30 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 10:48, Stefan Wehr wrote:
> I suggest that "darcs whatsnew" should behave like "darcs whatsnew .",
> the same for other relevant commands. Furthermore, filenames should be
> reported relative to the current working directory and not relative to
> the directory containing `_darcs'.

Actually; I find this feature the best feature of Darcs and using the '.'
for the one or two times I actually want only the current dir makes sense
and makes me not loose any functionality.

Indeed; the functionality of darcs is logical based on the fact that darcs
is patch based and not tree or file based.
CVS and SVN only work on the current dir because they see each subdir as a
separate repo.  SVN also has lots of problems in consistency for
recursiveness being defaut for commans (add v.s revert for example),
another thing I really don't want to copy.

No, the way darcs choose to do things makes sense and should be kept.
--
Thomas Zander