[darcs-users] darcs and the current working directory

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Wed Jun 22 15:22:21 UTC 2005

>> I suggest that "darcs whatsnew" should behave like "darcs
>> whatsnew .",
>> the same for other relevant commands.
>
> Actually; I find this feature the best feature of Darcs and using
> the '.'
> for the one or two times I actually want only the current dir makes
> sense

I second!

>> However, the filenames are still reported as relative to the
>> toplevel of the repo not the dir you use in the cmd.

I could see adding an option that controls how relative file names
are output.  Or perhaps a command that just outputs the top directory
relative to the working directory, or even just as an absolute path.
Then scripts could first invoke that command, and then know that all
darcs output is relative to *that*, not the working directory.

> the functionality of darcs is logical based on the fact that darcs
> is patch based and not tree or file based.

Or to put it another way, darcs is the only SCM system I've ever used
that understands what part of the file tree constitutes the project,
and that it isn't really a arbitrarily sub-dividable.

     - Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
markl at glyphic.com