[darcs-users] darcs and the current working directory

Jamie Webb j at jmawebb.cjb.net
Thu Jun 23 20:08:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:37:47PM +0200, Albert Reiner wrote:
> [Stefan Wehr <mail at stefanwehr.de>, Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:28:00 +1000]:
> > > I vote +1 on pathnames being reported relative to the current pruning
> > > directory.
> >
> > +1
>
> -1.  I'd hate to have to figure out where in the tree ../../.. takes
>      me.  At least one should be able to get the old behavior back
>      with some preference setting.

You'd never get ..s unless you explicitly asked for them (and hence
presumably know where they go), since the whole point of the pruning
is that only files /below/ the specified directory are shown.

+1 because I find the ./ in the default output pointless. I don't care
much about pruning, and I certainly wouldn't want it to be done by
default.

-- Jamie Webb