[darcs-users] "--log-file" or "--logfile"?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Jun 25 02:07:16 UTC 2005

>>>>> "zooko" == zooko  <zooko at zooko.com> writes:

    zooko> I keep finding myself writing "--log-file" and then getting
    zooko> an error message and then having to correct it to
    zooko> "--logfile".  The other commands that I'm using on the same
    zooko> command line, such as "--delete-log" have a "-" separating
    zooko> each English word.  I suggest "--log-file" for the same
    zooko> reason.

I wonder if it would cause practical problems if after the initial
dash-pair, dashes were ignored in the names of long options.  zsh has
long had something like that (at least when setting options from the
shell prompt), ignoring various kinds of separators as well as being
case-insensitive.