[darcs-users] GNU Emacs frontend: which one ?

Jonathan rise at knavery.net
Tue Jun 28 03:34:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:45:11 +0200 Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> Yes, that's exactly what I meant.  If a file's time is not
> up-to-date, Darcs will need to do a bytewise comparison of the
> file's contents.

Ah, that explains it - I was interpreting your suggestion as implying
my pristine tree didn't match the patch history, not the working copy.
This makes much more sense to me.

> We need to update the pristine cache with hash information, so that
> Darcs can get away with just reading one file rather than two.  But
> implementing this is left pending until the darcs-git merge (soon, I
> promise!).

Thanks, it's apparent that I've just hit a scaling issue.  Not a huge
surprise with 9.9MB under darcs' control (a 21MB repositor).  I'm
looking forward to the merge, currently darcs-git doesn't build out of
the repository for me but I suspect that activity is high enough that
waiting is better.

--
Jonathan Conway                                                rise at knavery.net