[darcs-users] Re: tailor bug

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Mar 1 16:04:24 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-01, Jean Jordaan <jean at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> Through pure cluelessness I managed to provoke tailor:
>
> """
> jean at klippie ~/work/co/darcs/tailored/learnlinux $ tailor.py -D -v
> --configfile=tailor.sync-down
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/home/jean/bin/tailor.py", line 35, in ?
>      main()
>    File "/home/jean//lib/python2.3/site-packages/vcpx/tailor.py", line
> 508, in main
>      config(map(abspath, args))
>    File "/home/jean//lib/python2.3/site-packages/vcpx/tailor.py", line
> 118, in __call__
>      self.options.concatenate_logs)
>    File "/home/jean//lib/python2.3/site-packages/vcpx/tailor.py", line
> 356, in update
>      self.logger.exception("Unable to get changes for '%s'" % proj)
> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'proj' referenced before assignment
> """
>
> I'm guessing it's because 'self.__loadStatus()' raises an error, since
> 'proj' is defined in the next line ..

I would contact the author, and include information about which version
of tailor.py you are using...or at least how recently you updated your
copy.

As I worked with tailor.py to get SVN sync'ing work, I came across
several bugs in tailor that caused dumps like this. In every case, Lele
was helpful and prompt in addressing the issue. (I don't have much
python skill to help myself).

An expanded test suite for that project would be helpful.

    Mark