[darcs-users] darcs and SSH

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Tue Mar 1 19:30:46 UTC 2005

Dear list members,

does anyone run darcs together with SSH in a secure way? As darcs uses
scp and sftp to pull and get patches over SSH from a repository I
thought that I could secure it with ``rssh'' which blocks everything
except scp/sftp access. The users' public keys are added to the
authorized_keys of the user account owning the repository. However, on
``darcs push'' it tries to run ``darcs apply'' on the server, which
fails with this shell replacement.

How could I work around this? My main intention is blocking direct
shell access to the box but allowing any file transfers and the use of
``darcs''.

Regards,
Philipp Kern