[darcs-users] Are there external difinitions in darcs?

Alexey N. Solofnenko a.solofnenko at mdli.com
Thu Mar 3 00:21:49 UTC 2005

The reason why we use them is to avoid duplication and to have a better
control of versions of dependencies. With ClearCase we put inter VOB (~
inter repository) symbolic links within our repository and in config
spec we specify what revisions (labels) should be used for each
repository. In short, with ClearCase it is possible to load any subset
of any repository withing another repository and easily modify/check in
files from different repositories. This is closer to a configuration
control, not just revision control. This feature is extremely useful and
it will be a required feature if we decide to switch from ClearCase.

- Alexey.