[darcs-users] sending notices when a repo changes

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Thu Mar 3 04:37:49 UTC 2005

I would like to have some way to recieve notification when a repository
changes. With other systems I have used CIA <http://cia.navi.cx/> but
from what I can find there is no CIA client for darcs.

I would like to write one, but I am not sure how to best do it. The
first problem is I know of no way to run a command when the repo has
changed. Because I always modify my repo with 'darcs send' to a pipe
delivery, I could run the program there, but this is not a good solution
for people that have not configured darcs like this.

Also, I'm not sure how to go about getting information about what has
changed. I'd want to know things like the name and long comment of the
patches being changed and what files they modify.

These problems are not specific to only a CIA client, but also to those
who would want to send messages to a mailing list on changes, or take
some action like syncing to another location.

Can anyone help me find a solution to these problems? Thanks for your
time.