[darcs-users] Re: darcs - Problem with MacOS X HFS+ File System

Markus Hanauska hanauska at equinux.net
Thu Mar 3 10:15:12 UTC 2005

Maybe I was wrong, maybe it is link related.

Try this:

touch file1.c
ln file1.c file2.c
rm file2.c

Try to edit file1.c with XCode, Subethaedit or Smultron. It won't work
with any of these editors. You can open and edit, but you can't save
your changes.

Also nice, try this one:

touch file1.c
ln file1.c file2.c
rm file1.c

Now try to edit file2.c. You can't even open it with XCode!

I'd like to create a darcs version, that does for sure not create any
links, but I already fail to compile tho unmodified version from
source, it complains about missing symbols when linking. Aside from
this I don't understand more of Haskell than some basic semantics,
making changes to the source code a bit problematic.

--
Best Regards,
     Markus Hanauska