[darcs-users] sending notices when a repo changes

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Mar 3 12:04:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

On 3/mar/2005, at 04:37, Phil Frost wrote:

> I would like to write one, but I am not sure how to best do it. The
> first problem is I know of no way to run a command when the repo has
> changed. Because I always modify my repo with 'darcs send' to a pipe
> delivery, I could run the program there, but this is not a good
> solution
> for people that have not configured darcs like this.

What you want is hooks. It would be great.

I don't know if they are planned or not. In the meantime, you might get
away with a fake test script. Just ping your notification server from
that script.

Should work. I'm setting up something like that, I that's how I plan to
do it eventualy (I need similar things).

You could even run your tests and if they are sucessfull, ping your
notification server.

Best regards,
--
Contat page: http://public.xdi.org/=melo