[darcs-users] Re: sending notices when a repo changes

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Mar 3 14:25:10 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-03, Phil Frost <indigo at bitglue.com> wrote:

> I would like to have some way to recieve notification when a repository
> changes. With other systems I have used CIA <http://cia.navi.cx/> but
> from what I can find there is no CIA client for darcs.

I think the closest thing to a 'clean' solution now would be run a cron
script every 5 minutes that generates an RSS feed of the repo changes.

Beyond that, perhaps you turn 'darcs' into a wrapper script that takes
some additional action with 'apply' completes successfully on the repo.

In the longer term, integrated hooks are the way to go.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/