[darcs-users] Option to set where darcs push searches remote darcs command

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Mar 4 12:40:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:49:24PM +0100, Mariusz Gniazdowski wrote:
> Hi.
> On my commercial shell i do not have root privileges and i installed
> darcs to ~/bin. I have bash there. Darcs push runs just 'darcs' thru ssh
> so only /bin, /usr/bin, etc. are searched for darcs. Operation ends
> with: 'darcs: command not found'.
> As i use bash and do not want to ask my administrator to provide zsh i
> cant modify environment before 'darcs' command is invoked.
> - sh -c 'darcs' does not have --login option, so no ~/.bash_profile is
> loaded,
> - sh -c 'darcs' is bash runned as 'sh', and as the bash manual says:
>        --norc Do  not read and execute the personal initialization file
>        ~/.bashrc if the shell is interactive.  This option is on by
>        default if the shell is invoked as sh.
> So there is no way to modify env.
>
> Can be option to customize what is runned remotley provided?

There was a discussion of this recently on this list (although I've failed
to find it in a brief look at the archives).  There were a couple of
suggestions, one of which was just to recompile darcs with this change, and
another (from me) was to use the DARCS_APPLY_FOO environment variable with
a home-made URL type.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net