[darcs-users] I'd really like to build darcs on MacOS X, but linking fails

Markus Hanauska hanauska at equinux.net
Fri Mar 4 13:31:16 UTC 2005

But after no complains from configure, make ends as follows:

zlib_helper.c: In function 'gzreader':
zlib_helper.c:88: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer
without a cast
zlib_helper.c: In function 'gzwriter':
zlib_helper.c:152: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer
without a cast
zlib_helper.c: In function 'wait_on_gz':
zlib_helper.c:165: warning: passing argument 1 of 'pthread_join' makes
pointer from integer without a cast
zlib_helper.c: In function 'detach_gz':
zlib_helper.c:175: warning: passing argument 1 of 'pthread_detach'
makes pointer from integer without a cast
rm -f Main.hi Main.o
ghc -cpp  -package unix -package parsec -O -funbox-strict-fields  -Wall
-Werror -package util -I. -DHAVE_CURSES -DHAVE_CURL -optl-L/usr/lib
-optl-lcurl -optl-lssl -optl-lcrypto -optl-lz -optl-lcurses -o
stringify stringify.hs
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
___DISCARD__
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [stringify] Error 1

What now? The warnings should really be fixed, but what about the
DISCARD symbol?

--
Best Regards,
     Markus Hanauska