[darcs-users] Re: A couple of pre-newbie questions

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Mar 5 22:20:56 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 10:00:51PM +0100, Albert Reiner wrote:
>     Two questions:
>
>     - Do I have that approximately right?

At a quick glance, all of your predictions of what would
happen coincides with mine.  A better way would be to test it,
but I'd say we have a fair chance of being approximately right.

>     - More generally, do multiple patches that ``do the same thing''
>       cause problems?

To put it simply: the more conflicting work that is done in
parallel, the more impossible becomes the merge.

The details of the merge/conflict/resolve part of darcs are
a bit complicated, and they are also to be changed in some
basic way soon.