[darcs-users] Re: Request for comments: command description and documentation patch

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Mon Mar 7 16:16:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 04:25:36PM +0100, Peter Hercek wrote:
> It would be a good idea to define terms:
>  * working directory - I used "local copy" in this sense; consists of
>    the files/directories in the latest version plus unrecorded local
>    modifications (with some metadata for patches revert/unrevert)
>  * local repository - stores recorded patches localy
>  * remote repository - any other repository (together with its "remote
>    directory")

I think 'local repository' and 'remote repository' in most
cases can be just 'the repository' and 'another repository'.
Like: "pull patches from another repository to the repository",
or just "pull patches from another repository".  The words
'local' and 'remote' makes me think of different computers
on a network.