[darcs-users] viewing previous copies of files with darcs.cgi (was: Re: the cgi script)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Mar 10 18:05:26 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-10, Nick Welch <mack at incise.org> wrote:
> I find it odd that there is no way to simply view a file -- only view a
> colored/linked diff of it.  Is there a chance this could be added?

I think the 'annotate' link shows you the most current version:
http://abridgegame.org/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/darcs/Apply.lhs?c=annotate

There is not a simple command for getting the file in a previous state in darcs

I think what might have to be done is to compute the 'diff' from the current
version, and then apply the inverse patch.

I agree it's useful, and could be fairly fast to code, although perhaps slow to run
in some cases.

OTOH, I the calls made to annotate can be slow now, too.

With a little effort, the script could be updated to use caching for
annotate and viewing previous copies, so it would't have to be slow all
the time.

    Mark