[darcs-users] Installing darcs on Mac OS X Jaguar

Anders Conradi beque at telia.com
Thu Mar 10 23:33:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would like to try darcs. To be able to do that I need to install it
on my iBook which is running MacOSX 10.2.8. I have tried  Darwinports,
but the ghc port seems to be broken. It tries to build ghc with a
ghc-bootstrap that is linked to libreadline 4, while darwinports
installs libreadline 5. At least that's what I think the error message
said. Then I got really frustrated, especially since darwinport litters
files in my /System directory, and removed darwinports and tried to
build ghc myself. I am however stuck, since I'm not able to build the
right version of gmp.

Is there anyone that can tell me how to install darcs on Mac OS X 10.2?

Thanks in advance
// Anders